Lonely Planet Pocket Austin is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Jump into the icy waters of Barton Springs Pool for instant relief when the heat gets too much, catch a local band at the Continental Club or one of the hundreds of live-music venues around town, or watch the nightly exodus of America’s largest urban bat colony during summer, under the Congress Avenue Bridge; at all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Austin and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket Austin:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Austin map (included in print version), plus over 15 colour neighborhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organized by neighborhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
Coverage Includes: the Warehouse District, Red River, 6th St, University of Texas Campus area, SoCo and more
Curator: Amy C Balfour
160pp color | Dimensions: 106mm × 153mm
Next edition due: Dec 2021