Lonely Planet Eastern USA is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Flanked by megacities New York City and Chicago, landscaped with dune-backed beaches, smoky mountains and gator swamps, and steeped in musical roots, the East rolls out a sweet trip.
Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Eastern USA, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Inside Lonely Planet Eastern USA Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, road trips and scenic drives, outdoor activities, wildlife, cuisine and wine
- Over 50 color maps
Covers: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New England, Washington DC, New Orleans, Florida, the Great Lakes, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas and more
Authors: Karla Zimmerman, Adam Karlin, Amy Balfour, Kevin Raub, Regis St. Louis, Zora O'Neill, Mara Vorhees
672 pages, 160 pp colour | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Apr 2018