This green land, this sceptred isle, this crucible of empire and pioneer of parliamentary democracy, is the most eccentric, extraordinary and downright intriguing place on Earth. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of England, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet England is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Ponder the mysteries of Stonehenge, visit Shakespeare’s home town or take in a London show; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of England and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet England Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, food, drink, sport
- Free, convenient pull-out London map (included in print version), plus over 95 colour maps
Covers: London, Newcastle, Lake District, Cumbria, Yorkshire, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Midlands, the Marches, Nottingham, Cambridge, East Anglia, Oxford, Cotswolds, Canterbury, Devon, Cornwall, and more
Authors: Belinda Dixon, Neil Wilson, Marc Di Duca, Oliver Berry, Isabella Noble, Damian Harper, Catherine Le Nevez, Fionn Davenport
704 pages, 704 pp colour | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Apr 2019