Golden Age canals lined by tilting gabled buildings are the backdrop for Amsterdam’s treasure-packed museums, vintage shops and creative design, drinking and dining scenes. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Amsterdam, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Soak up centuries of artistic masterpieces, cycle through the city’s canal-woven core, or get gezellig in a brown cafe; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Amsterdam and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Amsterdam Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, music, architecture, Dutch design
- Over 34 maps
Coverage Includes: Medieval Centre & Red Light District, Nieuwmarkt, Plantage & the Eastern Islands, Western Canal Ring, Southern Canal Ring, Jordaan & the West, Vondelpark & the South, De Pijp, Oosterpark & East of the Amstel, Amsterdam Noord, and more
Curator: Catherine Le Nevez
Writers: Abigail Blasi
320 pages, 320pp color, 41 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: May 2020