An astonishingly diverse region fused by its prolific wildlife, breathtaking landscapes and remnants of ancient culture, Southern Africa is Africa at its most memorable. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Southern Africa, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Southern Africa is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Clamber up the world’s oldest sand dunes in Sossusvlei, step back in time on Mozambique Island, or enjoy world-class wildlife-watching in Etosha National Park; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Southern Africa and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Southern Africa Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, cuisine, environment, wildlife, music, religion, literature, visual arts
- Over 115 maps
Coverage Includes: Malawi, Zambia, South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho, Swaziland and more
Authors: Anthony Ham, James Bainbridge, Lucy Corne, Mary Fitzpatrick, Trent Holden, Brendan Sainsbury
768 pages, 672 pp colour, 140 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Sep 2021